The formerly DA coalition-run Eastern Cape town of Nelson Mandela Bay was starting to look very different to the neglected and dilapidated ANC-run Eastern Cape towns of Makhanda and Queenstown.
The work we were doing in NMB, and in the rest of the province where we have managed to form in-roads, demonstrates to residents, as well as the rest of the South Africa, what can be achieved through good governance.
- In Nelson Mandela Bay, over 14 000 water leaks were repaired, more than 20 000 potholes were filled and over 15 000 street-lights were switched back on.
- 1700 title deeds were handed over to new homeowners, rezoning was approved (representing millions in investment) and 393 homes were built (with more planned to come.)
- 8 000 billing queries out of a backlog of 13 500 were resolved and an impressive R1.17 billion of accumulated bad debt was cleared!
- The town of Kouga is still DA-led, and in this municipality we have taken proactive measures against the potential ‘Day Zero’ water crisis, with more than R200 million spent on drought mitigation water augmentation already.
- Further to that, Kouga has established 38 viable boreholes with R12.5 million secured to develop and equip even more.
Please help strengthen the DA by donating towards our election campaign in the Eastern Cape.
We can bring the DA difference to the whole of the Eastern Cape if we unite.