On Friday 13 October 2017, after almost a decade of ducking and diving, squandering millions of rands of public money on his own legal fees, the Supreme Court of Appeal ruled that President Jacob Zuma should face his 783 charges of corruption, fraud and racketeering for stealing the people’s money.
The ball is now firmly in the National Prosecuting Authority’s court.
DA Leader Mmusi Maimane is writing to National Prosecuting Authority, insisting that Jacob Zuma is served with an indictment and appears in court at the soonest available date.
We need your help to put Zuma in handcuffs. With 50,000 signatures, we can pressure the NPA to take action. They will have just 10 days to respond.
The charges have been formulated and the evidence is ready. We now await a trial date.
Eskom has mismanaged its funds for years, and we as South Africans have carried the burden of their poor financial management. Costs are now spiraling out of control, South Africans can simply not afford these constant increases.
The South African economy is suffering and instead of helping our country create jobs, Eskom acts as a barrier to job creation and economic growth. Eskom is at the very heart of State Capture, billions of Rands have been wasted or stolen through a series of corrupt activities and corrupt individuals at the entity.
We, the undersigned concerned South Africans say “NO MORE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH”
Sign this petition to take action against the tariff increase!
The work that Thuli Madonsela did in her seven year term as Public Protector greatly strengthened our democracy. She was a stalwart in the fight against corruption in South Africa.
By contrast, Busisiwe Mkhwebane has demonstrated on numerous occasions that she is more of a Zuma Protector than a Public Protector.
With Mkhwebane unfit to hold office, there is now nobody to protect our valuable resources from state capture and large-scale looting.
Below are the most glaring examples of Ms. Mkhwebane’s alleged misconduct:
- A failure to provide sound reasoning for her findings in several matters, most notably the ABSA/CIEX case, where she fails to provide transparency and impartiality.
- Misconduct in several cases: allegedly hiding submissions received from Black First Land First Group; allegedly failing to ensure a transparent record of her decision in the matter of the Bapo ba Mogale community’s trust.
- Disregard for constitutional and legal parameters: Her apparent willingness to receive submissions from the President and SSA, without offering other affected parties opportunity to comment on these.
- Troubling actions in the ABSA/Bankorp “life-boat” report: allegedly ignoring requests from the Finance Minister for documents; using a select few documents; misrepresenting having considered interviews which she did not conduct and cannot provide the minutes for, and failing to demonstrate why she believes that large sums of money are recoverable.
- Failing to provide timeous reports on, among others, the Vrede Dairy Farm case, phase 2 of the State Capture inquiry; awarding of Presidential Protection Services to Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma.
Under the leadership of the ANC, Merafong is in crisis. Financial mismanagement, corruption and ineﬀectiveness threatens the stability of our municipality.
Merafong under the ANC:
- Has not delivered much needed services,
- Is severely behind on ESKOM & Rand Water payments, which could aﬀect our electricity & water supply,
- Has done little to curb 50% water loss due to ailing infrastructure & lack of maintenance.
This petition calls on the Gauteng Provincial Government to immediately intervene and impose a recovery plan for Merafong.
The DA Youth wants 500MBs free data per month for registered NSFAS students, students from low-income families not qualifying for student loans, registered matrics, and registered jobseekers.
We want to open opportunities to those that need them most, South Africa’s youth. With more than 50% of young South Africans unemployed, 500mb of free data per month can be used to email your CV up to 10 times per day, or browse job sites and do online research for up to seven hours every week.
We see access to the internet as a basic human right. It provides opportunities to access information; learn, and find jobs.
Help us make this plan a reality.
The time for change is now.
In the Motion of No Confidence in President Zuma on 8 August, the ANC proved once again that they are INCAPABLE OF SELF-CORRECTING.
We believe the ANC has lost the confidence of the majority of South Africans, and that Parliament requires a fresh mandate through the ballot box.
Stand up and support the DA’s motion calling for an early emergency elections. South Africans must be allowed to have their say. It’s time to let the people of this country choose a new beginning.
President Zuma has 783 corruption charges against him.
9.3 million South Africans are jobless.
And unauthorised, irregular, and fruitless and wasteful expenditure under Zuma’s ANC amounts to R252 billion!
2019 may be too late.
Sign the petition.
A DA-led national government will change the system and professionalise the South African Police Service (SAPS) to create a safe environment for all South Africans.
SOUTH AFRICA URGENTLY NEEDS:
- Properly trained SAPS officers to deal with victims of rape and other sensitive crimes.
- Rapid handling and investigation of rape cases.
- Specialised units focusing on safe streets.
- More school outreach programmes focusing on child safety.
- Specialised sexual crimes units that work with victims with mental or physical disabilities.
- Stricter border control to combat human trafficking.
- Harsher punishment for SAPS officers who contravene their obligation towards victims of heinous crimes.
- Compulsory sensitivity training on an annual basis to all SAPS members.
KZN Health MEC, Sibongiseni Dhlomo, and his department have been found guilty of violating the rights of cancer patients to proper treatment at two of the province’s biggest public hospitals.
Sign this petition to join our call for his removal.
This comes after a damning report by the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) into the province’s oncology crisis cemented the issue.
The KZN Health MEC has repeatedly shown that he is incapable of restoring proper treatment to cancer sufferers, a situation that is being compounded by KZN Premier Willies Mchunu’s ongoing refusal to take action against him.
We cannot let an elite circle of ANC members be protected as more cancer patients suffer and die.
Sign this petition to join our call for his removal.
Crime and violence threatens and dehumanises all people in farming and rural communities, irrespective of their race.
Recently, two people were heartlessly murdered on farms near Vryburg. Mr Patrick Itumeng was fatally shot on his farm, Friesland, outside Vryburg; and the body of Mrs Elsa Erasmus was found by her friends after an attacker abducted her on her farm between Amalia and Vryburg.
Every South African deserves to feel safe.
Sign the petition to see this plan tabled in Parliament!
We are calling on the South African Government to take action:
- Rural Safety Units must be implemented immediately – at least five rural units of approximately 20 members.
- Farm attacks must be classified as priority crimes so that more resources can be allocated to Rural Safety Units.
- Rural Safety Units must be permanently deployed to clearly identified crime “hotspots” on a rotating basis.
- Units must be trained to carry out undercover operations; road blocks; observation posts; and search and seizure operations, with rapid response capability, to allow for the swift apprehension of suspected criminals.
- A toll-free contact number must be made available for people in rural parts of South Africa so that they can report suspicious activity or threats.
Farming communities are at high risk. Data from the South African Institute for Race Relations shows that they are disproportionately vulnerable to violent crimes and robberies.
Enough is enough.