Under the leadership of the ANC, Merafong is in crisis. Financial mismanagement, corruption and ineﬀectiveness threatens the stability of our municipality.
Merafong under the ANC:
- Has not delivered much needed services,
- Is severely behind on ESKOM & Rand Water payments, which could aﬀect our electricity & water supply,
- Has done little to curb 50% water loss due to ailing infrastructure & lack of maintenance.
This petition calls on the Gauteng Provincial Government to immediately intervene and impose a recovery plan for Merafong.
The DA Youth wants 500MBs free data per month for registered NSFAS students, students from low-income families not qualifying for student loans, registered matrics, and registered jobseekers.
We want to open opportunities to those that need them most, South Africa’s youth. With more than 50% of young South Africans unemployed, 500mb of free data per month can be used to email your CV up to 10 times per day, or browse job sites and do online research for up to seven hours every week.
We see access to the internet as a basic human right. It provides opportunities to access information; learn, and find jobs.
Help us make this plan a reality.
The time for change is now.
In the Motion of No Confidence in President Zuma on 8 August, the ANC proved once again that they are INCAPABLE OF SELF-CORRECTING.
We believe the ANC has lost the confidence of the majority of South Africans, and that Parliament requires a fresh mandate through the ballot box.
Stand up and support the DA’s motion calling for an early emergency elections. South Africans must be allowed to have their say. It’s time to let the people of this country choose a new beginning.
President Zuma has 783 corruption charges against him.
9.3 million South Africans are jobless.
And unauthorised, irregular, and fruitless and wasteful expenditure under Zuma’s ANC amounts to R252 billion!
2019 may be too late.
Sign the petition.
A DA-led national government will change the system and professionalise the South African Police Service (SAPS) to create a safe environment for all South Africans.
SOUTH AFRICA URGENTLY NEEDS:
- Properly trained SAPS officers to deal with victims of rape and other sensitive crimes.
- Rapid handling and investigation of rape cases.
- Specialised units focusing on safe streets.
- More school outreach programmes focusing on child safety.
- Specialised sexual crimes units that work with victims with mental or physical disabilities.
- Stricter border control to combat human trafficking.
- Harsher punishment for SAPS officers who contravene their obligation towards victims of heinous crimes.
- Compulsory sensitivity training on an annual basis to all SAPS members.
KZN Health MEC, Sibongiseni Dhlomo, and his department have been found guilty of violating the rights of cancer patients to proper treatment at two of the province’s biggest public hospitals.
Sign this petition to join our call for his removal.
This comes after a damning report by the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) into the province’s oncology crisis cemented the issue.
The KZN Health MEC has repeatedly shown that he is incapable of restoring proper treatment to cancer sufferers, a situation that is being compounded by KZN Premier Willies Mchunu’s ongoing refusal to take action against him.
We cannot let an elite circle of ANC members be protected as more cancer patients suffer and die.
Sign this petition to join our call for his removal.
Crime and violence threatens and dehumanises all people in farming and rural communities, irrespective of their race.
Recently, two people were heartlessly murdered on farms near Vryburg. Mr Patrick Itumeng was fatally shot on his farm, Friesland, outside Vryburg; and the body of Mrs Elsa Erasmus was found by her friends after an attacker abducted her on her farm between Amalia and Vryburg.
Every South African deserves to feel safe.
Sign the petition to see this plan tabled in Parliament!
We are calling on the South African Government to take action:
- Rural Safety Units must be implemented immediately – at least five rural units of approximately 20 members.
- Farm attacks must be classified as priority crimes so that more resources can be allocated to Rural Safety Units.
- Rural Safety Units must be permanently deployed to clearly identified crime “hotspots” on a rotating basis.
- Units must be trained to carry out undercover operations; road blocks; observation posts; and search and seizure operations, with rapid response capability, to allow for the swift apprehension of suspected criminals.
- A toll-free contact number must be made available for people in rural parts of South Africa so that they can report suspicious activity or threats.
Farming communities are at high risk. Data from the South African Institute for Race Relations shows that they are disproportionately vulnerable to violent crimes and robberies.
Enough is enough.
The wave of mass action calling for Zuma to go shows that together we are strong enough to defend our democracy and build a better future.
The ANC keeps protecting a president who has no interest in our children’s future – but Mmusi Maimane has a vision for a better SA. One where a DA-led national government puts our people first and delivers quality services, providing all our children with the skills they need to find good jobs.
To remove the ANC, we must first remove Jacob Zuma as president.
Sign our #NoConfidence petition and show members of Parliament that you want Jacob Zuma fired.