We call on campus management to make the safety of students on campus a priority by urgently:
- Getting campus security to check that every single person who comes onto campus should be there.
- Getting campus security to check that nobody who comes onto campus has a weapon.
- Ensuring that campus security does more patrols, especially in the evening and early morning.
- Tightening security at student residences.
- Ensuring that infrastructure like lighting on pathways and in bathrooms, for example, is regularly maintained.
- Increasing security at ATMs on and around campus grounds.
If you would like to get involved in DASO, or would like more information on DASO, please contact Hannah on 082 644 2356.